Monday 20 August 2012

Novena for home-educating mothers


As I'm frantically choosing what the children's learning will involve and how we're going to approach it this academic year, I was sent this lovely novena for home-educating mothers (or, as it originates in the US, "home schooling" mothers). The title describes it as 

A Nine Day Novena
With prayers adapted from
“Mother Love, A Manual for Christian Mothers”
by Pius Franciscus OFM, Cap.
Published in 1888 by Fr. Pustet & Co.

There are beautiful prayers on the different days for the mother's vocation as wife, mother, educator, home-keeper (sic), invocations to saints who are special patrons of Christian mothers as well as to Mary, Mother of Perpetual Help and to Saint Anne, as well as a prayer for the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. It is illustrated with

I will be praying it, and I've shared it as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who could do with this sort of spiritual sustenance at this time of year.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this beautiful novena! I have put it on my blog - http://catholichomeeducationuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    And thank you graciously for writing about Catholic Home Ed UK in July.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete