Wednesday 13 March 2013

Preparing for our new Pope...

...yes there will eventually be white smoke. Although conclaves have lasted several years in the past, I'm rather hoping that we'll have a Holy Father to guide us within a matter of days, if not hours. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this.

We're getting ready to celebrate here: the Papal flag is just waiting to be hoisted
 
...and the bell is silently willing us to ring it
 

...as for the children, well, they've planned a procession involving much joyful noise - bell ringing and singing. They've decided on a "running order" for songs and hymns for their celebration, that we mere grown ups are not permitted to be privy to until the actual event.

I don't have the slightest idea who our next Holy Father will be, but I'd place a handsome wager on "Full In The Panting Heart of Rome" with a rousing chorus of "God Bless Our Pope" being on the children's celebration programme. And thinking about it, that is very much the way things ought to be.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful elaborate plan! I hope their celebration went wonderfully! (My two spent much of their afternoon playing a bizarre game called Darth Vader's Fishwife, which is far less holy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I'm not sure whether the neighbours would have described the din as holy or unholy!

    I suspect that Darth Vader's fishwife would go down a treat with lot...

    ReplyDelete